- ½ cup arrowroot flour, organic corn starch can be subbed if desired
- 1 cup citric acid
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup mineral-rich bath salts or epsom salt
- 2 TB water
- 3 TB Plant Therapy’s fractionated coconut oil a different nourishing oil can be subbed
- 20 drops Plant Therapy’s Immune Boom
- In a large bowl, whisk together the arrowroot, citric acid, baking soda, and bath salts.
- In a small bowl, mix together the water and coconut oil. Slowly, one tablespoon at a time add the liquid to the dry ingredients. The salts will begin to bubble once the liquid is added, so quickly mix the liquid, after each addition, into the dry ingredients. Once all the liquid is added, the ingredients will feel like wet sand.
- Stuff the wet salt mixture into a mold (I found one at IKEA that I use for making fruit and veggie gummies, like this), pressing the salts down into the individual molds. Let the salt mixture rest in the molds for 10 minutes, then carefully remove and place the fizzies on a cookie sheet or flat surface. Let the fizzies dry for 24 hours before packaging.
- To use, drop desired number of fizzies into a warm bath or foot soak. I like to use 5-6 bath fizzies in a bath.
*Cream of Tartar can be used in place of citric acid. To use Cream of Tartar, simply use 1/2 the amount called for, so 1/2 cup cream of tartar versus 1 whole cup. Adjust the liquid as needed.
Different oils may be subbed based on your needs, such as: lavender for a sleepy-time bath.