- ¼ cup coconut oil, solid at room temperature
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 oz.) blanched almond flour
- ½ cup (3 oz.) chopped dark chocolate
- ½ teasoon flaky sea salt, to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 5 inch cast iron skillet with coconut oil.
- Beat together the coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan, sprinkle with flaky salt if using, and bake for 15-18 minutes or just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven and serve warm – alone, or with whipped coconut cream or non-dairy ice cream
Recipe taken from here