If all you have are 3 days to see London; we highly recommend this particular website and their suggestions. It covers all the highlights and best if you have more than 3 days to fully experience the English and their ways!
Check out their website here
THREE DAYS IN LONDON: THE ULTIMATE LONDON ITINERARY
Your first day in London should consist of acquainting yourself with the most popular touristic sites, so that you can start to dig deeper, as soon as possible!
PALACE OF WESTMINSTER, BIG BEN, AND WESTMINSTER BRIDGE
London’s monuments really don’t get any more iconic than the Palace of Westminster and Big Ben, and the adjacent Westminster Bridge. So it only makes sense that you start your three days in London here! If you’d like to, you can book tickets online for a Houses of Parliament tour inside of the Palace of Westminster, and if not, you can just admire the incredible architecture from outside.
The London Eye is likely the most expensive attraction you’ll encounter during your three days in London, but the views really are worth it. One full rotation on the ferris wheel takes about 30 minutes, allowing ample time to spot all of London’s impressive landmarks and better acquaint yourself with the city. Though pricy, if you purchase your London Eye tickets online before your visit, you can save a few pounds.
Buckingham Palace is the official London residence of the Queen, and it’s one of the only royal palaces still fully operating today. You can purchase tickets to tour the palace’s lavish state rooms and see its exquisite furnishings, sculptures, and paintings.
Before your visit, you should also check when the Changing of the Guard will occur, so you can witness this royal spectacle as well!
HYDE PARK OR GREEN PARK
Hyde Park and Green Park are both royal parks of London. If you’re blessed with good weather, a stroll, and a nice picnic or bike ride through the park will be a lovely way to spend a couple of hours.
If the weather’s not ideal, swap the park visit for one of the items in our “even more time” category at the end of this article.
For foodies (and anyone with an appetite), the Borough Market is the perfect place to grab a bite; it is the UK’s most famous food market, after all. Under the railway lines, the Borough Market bustles with people, as all kinds of stands sell dairy products, baked goods, fresh produce, and meat products. Meanwhile street food stalls serve up some of the best food in London! From artisanal chocolates and vegetarian Indian food, to creamy gelato and freshly baked baguettes, whatever you’re craving, you can find it at the Borough Market.
Easy Overnight French Toast Bake
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar + 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 loaf toast cut off the crusts, this is NOT necessary but I just think it looks nicer.
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar plus more for sprinkling
- honey or maple syrup for topping
- Put the butter in a microwave safe bowl, melt it in the microwave and add 1 cup of brown sugar. Stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the bottom of 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Place toast bread in a single layer in the pan so that it covers the whole area.
- Pour half the egg-milk mixture over the entire layer of toast bread.
- In a small bowl, combine the 3 tablespoons of brown sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half the mixture on a layer of toast bread.
- Then arrange the second layer of toast bread and pour the rest of the mixture of eggs and milk.
- Repeat with the rest of the sugar and cinnamon.
- Cover with aluminum foil and leave to cool in the fridge overnight.
- * You can leave it for a couple of hours in the refrigerator, but the best effect is achieved if you leave it overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Leave chilled toast bread at room temperature for a few minutes.
- Put it in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, so that the first 30 minutes it is baked with aluminum foil.
- Bake it until the top is crispy and golden brown and the inside is soft.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with honey or maple syrup.
Recipe taken from here